Thursday 22 January 2015

Calendar Challenge - January




The Craft Barn's new challenge for 2015 is a Calendar Challenge, and each month we will be given a colour and a word that we have to incorporate.  This month we have Aqua and Snowflakes.

Anyone who followed me on last year's challenge will know I like to use beer mats and yes I have decided to use them again this year to make a small pocket book calendar!  At the end I will bind it with my Bind It All.  I have decided to make a perpetual calendar so have typed out all the months and dates to cut up and use and I found an ideal Crafty Individuals stamp in my collection to use for the first challenge.

15 comments:

Elaine said...

Great start to the new challenge and I love your Let it Snow stamp. I'm guessing you live in a pub with your endless supply of beer mats!!

buterfliecrafter said...

Love the idea of using the beer mats to create a small pocket calendar.

kaybee said...

It's so comforting to see you back with your beer mats! :D Fab January entry, love that punched snowflake edge.

Sandra H said...

What a great idea to use beer mats they are gorgeous!! x

jackiescrafts said...

A great calendar page Lesley or should I say beer mats calendar.
Jackie x

crafty creations said...

A great start to your perpetual calendar Lesley - looking forward to following you with the rest

shaz earl said...

Gorgeous beer mat calendar, each year i say i'm going to join in but never get round to it lol, hope all is well
Hugs Shaz xx

Unknown said...

A lovely entry. I so love your beer mats.

thassos456 said...

Great background looks really frosty. Good to see your beer mats again :)

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous beer mats, love the distressed background.

Claire said...

Great idea to use beer mats and the stamp just works perfectly for January x

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. Love the stamp.
Thank you for joining The Calendar Challenge.
Jane x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous idea to use beer mats again. Wonderful pieces.

Scrapmate said...

Looking forward to seeing your beermat calendar pages this year. A great start.

Cazzy said...

Do you have a box of beer mats, or do you collect them from the pub?

Lovely start to the challenge, I really want to join this one but have failed to make it for month one, I hope to still catch up and join in, but I have such a lot going on right now.

Carol x