Tuesday 4 May 2010

RSS Challenge 19

Well this was certainly a challenge for me!  Ready-Steady-STAMP is up to its 19th challenge, and for this one we had to use pink, green, purple and black, stamped flowers, gesso, the letter M and rubber!  I had a long long search for my gesso, and having eventually found it I couldn't get the lid off!  Not having a lot of strength in my hands due to arthritis and having nobody around to help, I chipped away at the underneath of the lid with my pokey tool and eventually prised it off!  After a lie down!! -  I spread the gesso over my fat book page with an old credit card and made an uneven textured surface which doesn't really show up on the photo unfortunately as it looks quite nice!  When it was dry I inked it with Worn Lipstick and Bundled Sage DIs.  The flower stamps are by Crafty Individuals and I watercoloured them in with DIs, and added Glossy Accents and Stickles afterwards.  The black swirly stamps is also by CI and I stamped and embossed it in black.  For the rubber bit of the challenge, I have to say I wasn't too keen on this bit - so I found a scrap bit off a pink rubber stamp and cut a small triangle to pop in the corner so it doesn't notice too much!!  I edged my page with Dusty Concord DI which I also used to colour the flowers.  Hope it is OK for the challenge!

13 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

great take on the challenge!! love your card.
Thanks for playing
isa

nefertiti said...

Lovely card !!!!Bizz

the crafty duck said...

Hi Lesley, fabulous card!! I'm really impressed by all the ingredients you had to use and you got them all on!! The flower is so pretty and I love your colours, lots of love Steph

Lynne K said...

Certainly interesting ingredients in the recipe, Lesley, and you've mixed them beautifully. Tip for opening stuck bottle lids - someone once advised me to try running it under hot water for a while. That seems to soften whatever medium is stuck. Also, if the lid is metal, it will expand more than the bottle and so should be easier to turn. It seems to work more often than not.

Sarah said...

Oh wow this is stunning, completely gorgeous xxx

P'tite Plume said...

Very beautiful and nice!

Amanda said...

This is a lovely work of art!

What a huge recipe for the challenge.

Amanda

Trish said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Lesley, love all the detail.

Hugs

Joanne xx

AngelaC said...

Beautiful Lesley! The rubber was a hard one to fit in this challenge wasn't it? But I like your little triangle and the gems set if off well.

Sid said...

Lovely themed piece !

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous FatBook page Lesley - love it! S xx

made by fifi said...

gorgeous card xx