Wednesday 15 February 2017

12 Month Challenge - February


The Craft Barn's 12 Month Challenge is a line each month from the poem The Months by Sara Coleridge.  Together with the verse for February we also have to include a cherub and hearts.  I found this a bit on the difficult side as I think this is one of the rare occasions I don't have a suitable stamp in my collection and had to resort to Googling free images!  I sat at my desk for a while trying to think how to bring this all together as the stamp I chose to use for a lake doesn't really go with my cherub image but in the end just went with a mish mash collage and used some peel offs and rub ons to complete my page!

7 comments:

Crafty Claire said...

A lovely entry. You don't have to worry about it being 'a mish mash' you've tied it all together nicely by repeating the colours in the cherub image. Fingers crossed Mickie is kinder with the twist next month!xx

Elaine said...

Yep it was a tricky one as cherubs and lakes don't really fit in my head but your's looks fine. Repeating the colours definitely makes it all gel together!! Elaine xx

Scrapmate said...

Well at least we are all struggling with the 'twists' and not just me! Still it's been interesting to see how everyone has dealt with the lake/cherub thing. I do like your collage of all the required elements, it works really well together on the page.

Mickie said...

Like what you have done here - you've managed to bring it all together very well. Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

kaybee said...

I think your collage does work, and you found a great vintage cherub!

maggie said...

It was indeed a tough challenge but you have brought all the elements together perfectly.

crafty creations said...

Great design Lesley and well done on getting it done in your so busy life x Hilda